Log in

No account? Create an account
The Queen of Sheeeba
..::.::: ::. .:::: .:.::.

May 2013
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

The Queen of Sheeeba [userpic]
You'd think this would be an easy decision.

Dany called me today to tell me he was offered a job. A job offering more than both our present incomes combined. Yeah, six figures. Doing something he has been volunteering to do for over 15 years. The catches? (of course there are catches. If there weren't, this would be the easiest decision ever!)

It was offered to two other people, so it's not an 'in the bag' type thing. He would be working at the discretion of the mayor, so there is absolutely no job security. We would have to move back to Brooklyn, since this job is only available to NYC residents. Which means we would have to sell this house. MY HOUSE!!!! -- at a loss since we are upside down. And I wouldn't have my house. I would have to pay money to sell MY house and then not live in a house but probably a condo with no garden or attic or basement or craft room. No bunny foofoo to eat my strawberries. No worm-like snakes. With people over me and under me and on the sides of me.

Why couldn't the person retiring from this job do it 5 years ago-- or 5 years from now? I never thought Dany being offered a high paying job would bum me out so much.


I wish I had more details. Like, would we have to move before they'd consider him? What about the two other candidates?

Plus, I don't know if I could handle not knowing if the job could be snatched at the whim of some politician for any or no reason at all.


Maybe...Dany could rent a teensy place in NYC (I know, for a lot of money, but he'll be making decent money on top of it) and live there during the week? Then you guys could keep the house, and not have to worry so much about the whims of government taking the sweet job away if and when that happens.

That's a huge decision - how stressful! While money doesn't buy happiness, it buys a lot of security. I honestly don't know what I would do were Mark and I in your position.

That's what I was thinking too. At least for a trial period.

What a difficult decision! What kind of time frame is Dany looking at for the final decision?

I don't know!

I need to stop driving myself crazy over this until I can get more details.

CRAZY, I tells ya!